What a great year it has been for AGA and for our gas industry! We are moving closer to our long term goals and have achieved so much in 2021. It really is amazing what we can realise if we work together, collaborate and share valuable information with members and key stakeholders.
Looking back at 2021, just a few accomplishments to note…
* We have successfully introduced the new LPG Cylinder and Appliance Connection (Type 27) which will significantly increase the safety of LPG appliance use in our community!
* Many more of AGA’s supplier and manufacturer member organisations have tested and developed their appliances and components to operate on either 100% hydrogen or part thereof in the AGA Hydrogen Testing Facility.
* AGA successfully acquired the Mondo testing laboratory in Sydney as well as the Type B certification services in NSW and South Australia.
* AGA together with key stakeholders developed the Technical Specification for certifying commercial catering appliances under the WaterMark Certification Scheme.
* The AGA Listed Gas Fitter Scheme is enabling more and more eligible gasfitters in Australia to become members of AGA which provides them with more opportunities to contribute in our industry.
* AGA successfully sponsored the ANZ Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Forum hosted in Sydney.
* We collectively updated our space heater and related Standards to address significant safety concerns.
* The Australian government invested hundreds of millions of dollars to develop regional hydrogen hubs including money to implement a clean hydrogen certification scheme.
* The Victorian government set targets to reduce the state’s greenhouse gas emissions from 2005 levels by 28-33% by 2025 and 40-50% by 2030.
* Australian Gas Networks hydrogen production facility (HyP SA) was officially opened earlier this year.
* An instrumental Bill was passed in South Australia named ‘Paddy’s Law’ which now requires special LPG cylinder labelling provisions to warn of the dangers if LPG is inhaled.
* The Queensland Government has entered into a partnership with the Sumitomo Corporation to develop Australia’s first hydrogen ecosystem in central Queensland.
AGA and AGA’s members have been instrumental in achieving many of these milestones in 2021. Step by step we will collectively build on these achievements in 2022 and in the years to come for a brighter, cleaner and safer gas industry.
From all of us at AGA we wish you and your families and colleagues very joyful and safe holidays. We look forward to working with you and growing together in 2022.
Bill Tabourlos, Managing Director & CEO
* Note that the AGA Laboratories and offices in all states and territories are closed from the 24th December 2021 and will re-open on the 10th January 2022.