Further to our previous updates regarding the new LPG Cylinder and Appliance Connection, we have received more detailed information regarding the connection references and transitional period.
We confirm the Gas Technical Regulators Committee (GTRC) have issued a Technical Guidance Bulletin (TGB), Bulletin Number 14 to assist with clarifying these issues.
* The Type 27 connection is referred to as the Leisure Cylinder Connection (LCC27)
* The change from the Type 21 (POL) connection to the LCC27 is limited to small portable LPG cylinders with a capacity not exceeding 25 litre water capacity (nominally 10kg).
* The LCC27 cylinder connection is cross compatible with both Type 21 (POL) and LCC27 appliance connections.
* The LCC27 appliance connection is only compatible with LCC27 cylinders.
* The transitional dates are summarised below and refer specifically to the manufactured date of either the cylinder valve connection or appliance connection:
|Connection Location||Connection Type||Up to 31st March 2021||1st April 2021 to 30th Sep 2021||1st Oct 2021 to 31st March 2022||From 1st April 2022|
|Cylinder Outlet||Type 21 (POL)||Permitted||Permitted||Not Permitted||Not Permitted|
|Cylinder Outlet||LCC27||Not Permitted||Permitted||Permitted||Permitted|
|Appliance Connector||Type 21 (POL)||Permitted||Permitted||Permitted||Not Permitted|
|Appliance Connector||LCC27||Not Permitted||Not Permitted||Permitted||Permitted|
TGB 14 provides a more detailed breakdown to the table above and can be downloaded by Clicking Here.
For more information, or if you would like clarification on any of these dates or technical issues, please contact your AGA Client Manager.